About the Center

In 1993, Columbia Tusculum residents set out to restore this former Andrew Carnegie Library. Their efforts, supported by neighborhood organizations, interested individuals, foundations and The City of Cincinnati, resultedĀ in the opening of the Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum as a nonprofit community center. Built in 1909 with funding from Andrew Carnegie, this building served as a Cincinnati Public Library until 1959 when it was sold for private use. Over the years, it was host to the FOP and VFW.
Perfect for formal occasions, casual events, or business meetings, this stately Beaux Arts building is dominated by large, arched windows, majestic 22-foot ceilings, brass chandeliers and concentric-patterned wood floors. Natural woodwork and window seats enhance the charm and warmth of the space. Two main rooms and a large entry hall offer more than 3,500 square feet of available space and are used in multiple combinations.
 

Comments are closed.